Responsible for the Sanitation program to ensure daily and periodic cleaning of the plant and equipment. Continually monitor the program to ensure it is meeting new standards as driven by SQF programs.
- Adhere to human safety policies and procedures.
- Adhere to food safety, quality and regulatory practices.
- Assure that all required sanitation records, chemical usage records and other records related to cleaning and sanitation activities are correctly documented and maintained.
- Assisting other departments as needed and performing other duties as assigned
- 1+ years of sanitation or quality-related experience in a food production facility;
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED.
- Must be 18 yrs old.
- HACCP certification a plus.
- Knowledge of food safety systems, root cause analysis, corrective/preventive actions;
- Ability to read piping and instrumentation diagrams;
- Ability to follow written and oral directions in English.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is sometimes exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to moderate cold, moderate heat, and vibration. Work on concrete floors. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid, slippery conditions and exposure to cleaning chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Lift/ Carry up to 50 lbs.
- Pushing up to 400 lbs. on wheels.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Perform repetitive tasks.
- Reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weight up to 50 lbs frequently
- Must be able to work in a 45 to 115 degrees area for short periods of time.
- Bend, stoop, kneel and climb a ladder and stairs.